How to get to the faculty
Arriving to the Czech Republic
The main internetional airport of the Czech Republic is called Prague Václav Havel Airport. It is located about 30 km from the Prague city centre.
How to get from the airport to Karviná
Going to the centre is easy, you will get there by buses, which leave the airport regularly. You will see the buses in front of the arrival terminal.
Taxi is also available. If you go by bus, take the bus number 119 they leave every 10 minutes from 4:30am to 11:30 pm. DonÂ´t forget to buy a bus ticket.
- Take the Bus 119 to Dejvická station.
- In Dejvicka station you have to get off and take the subway to Hlavní nádraží (main train station).
- You are at Hlavní nádraží, go and buy another ticket for train to Karviná - Hlavní nádraží.
- Just enter the train and enjoy the 5 hours journey (if you have a direct train).
- As soon as you are in Karviná take a taxi.
How to find a train to Karviná
You can check the train connection from Prague to Karvina online at: www.idos.cz. Choose english version (flag is at the bottom right corner).
Look for time schedule from Praha hl.n. to Karvina hl.n.. Sometime you have to change the train in BohumĂn or other station.